Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Bragging Moment! Woohoo!

I know today is Sunday's Story day, and I did post a snippet of my new novel I'm trying to get published, but I have received two reviews on The Devil's Den that I had to share. I was so excited about these reviews, I had to share them with someone other than my husband!

The first one was from Susan at Night Owl Romance. Susan gave me a Reviewer Top Pick, with 5/5 Hearts! Susan specifically said:

"The Devil's Den will take you to the dark side of romance as one woman struggles to come to grips with the emotions and feelings brought about in an unholy relationship that will destroy her...Gracen Miller has penned an exceptional novel that will grip you in horror and keep you glued to the pages. This is not your regular sweet romance. The Devil's Den takes you to the other side with evil characters that will shock your senses and have you wondering how you will find some redeeming qualities to justify this unholy match. The plot is well developed and will tantalize your emotions in this tug-of-war with good and evil, so be prepared for shock and awe. This is a keeper, a recommended read, and one for your shelves."

Read the entire Night Owl Romance Online review.

Then today I received another review from Ashley at Fallen Angel Reviews. Ashley gave me 5/5 Angels and posted me as a "Recommended Read"! Specifically, Ashley said:

"The Devil’s Den by Gracen Miller is not a story for the faint of heart. At the start of the story we see Six do some pretty horrible things, and yet you are drawn to him. Six puts all other bad boys to shame...Somehow even seeing what we see, Six is a character you want more of. He is definitely evil, but he is also charming and sexy...Serena is also a great character. She gets scared, excited, and torn over Six. She knows what he is, but she wants him anyway. These are two people who probably should not have ever met, but in their own twisted way, they are perfect for each other. In The Devil’s Den, the bad guys are the ones you are rooting for, even when you don’t want to. This story works, and it is a must read for anyone who loves to see the monsters get their happy ending."

Read the entire Fallen Angel Reviews Online.

I hope you did not mind me sharing my reviews with you. I'm still jiggy-dancing over it.

5 deadly screams:

rippst8 said...

well congrats, those are some awesome reviews. i've read the excerpt on it and it does sound great. i believe you will have many more books to put out. annette

Sierra Wolfe said...

Yay, Gracen! Fantastic reviews! You deserve them. I'm so happy for you.

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks, ladies! I was so excited when I received this Fallen Angel Review yesterday that I had to share my excitement with someone. My hubby wasn't as excited as I wanted him to be. He said "good" and there was no excitement in his voice. (And he wonders why I don't share stuff with him. *rolling my eyes*). I wanted him to jump up and down and act all giddy like I was. =( He was disappointing. MEN!

Molly Daniels said...

Hahaha...I know...I was glowing over the fact I'd written 3 books, published one, and had two more in submission. Hubby was like, "Great. When do you get paid?" (Yawn)

I said, "Are you proud of me?"

(yawn) "Sure, honey. Anything you say."

Congrats on the reviews! You're doing great!

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks, Molly, for your sweet comments.

Tell me, what's up with our husbands? I'm excited when he tells me he's got a promotion. Maybe next time I should:

(yawn) "Good." (stretch) "So when you going to get paid?"

LOL! I don't think he'd appreciate it at all. I've never really gotten a lot of support from him with my writing anyway. That's probably part of why I waited so long to really get serious about my writing.