Monday, September 8, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Things have been a little crazy for me lately and I have to admit I've been a bit negative. I know, I know...bad Sierra! But I have been. We've all been there. Asked ourselves, what more can go wrong? What have I done to deserve this? Why me???

So, I've realized that I've been behaving this way and I've decided to try my best to be more positive. I do believe in the power of positive thinking. It's not always easy to be positive when life is handing you blow after blow, but it is important to do. I've heard it a hundred times, if you are positive, you'll get farther in life than if you're negative. It makes sense. If I'm running around complaining all the time, why would anything go my way? No one is going to go out of their way to help me. If I have a scowl on my face, I'll be repaid with a scowl. But... if I have a smile on my face, I guarantee you that I will receive more smiles in return. This is my new goal.

Starting today, I'm going to be more positive about my life. No matter what gets thrown upon me, I'm going to try to smile and get over it. It will be a difficult challenge for me, because lately, everything I've encountered has been rough, but I do believe I can do it. Who's with me?

I know, this isn't exactly the topic you'd expect to see on our blog, but since we somehow didn't have a topic picked out for this week and I couldn't think of anything else to talk about. Thank you for bearing with me today in my little rant. Hopefully, I'll keep with my pact and things will improve for me. We'll see how it goes. I'd love for you to join me and let me know how it's worked out for you. Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

3 deadly screams:

DawnM said...

Well, I'm no good at positive thinking, I've just resigned myself to positive ostrichism.

Gracen Miller said...

Hugs to you, Sierra. Not too long ago I was saying "what else can go wrong?" and tossing my hands up as if giving up.

While things haven't necessarily improved and some things have gotten worse, but at least I've got my family. Now if I can just get my boys healthy. :-)

Things will change, be thankful for the things you do have and it'll help you be a little more positive. It's hard, I know, but we're here to listen whenver you feel like ranting.

Hugs again.

Night critter said...

It is so easy to get into that negative mind set, and once you are there it is sooooooo hard to see any positives.

My grandma is always telling me that life is a rocky road, full of challenges. If you weather the rough patches and try to see the positives you'll become a stronger person and be better equiped to handle the next challenge life throws at you out of left field.

I really hope things start getting better for you soon Sierra.