Friday, May 9, 2008

Gracen's Thoughts on UFO's and Aliens

Hi, all! I guess I’m the only one of the three that believes without question in UFO’s and aliens. I don’t need to see it to believe in it. I believe in demons too and I’ve never seen one. Thank God!

My reasoning is simple, or it seems simple to me. Whether one believes in God or Evolution, my logic still applies.

First, if one believes in God, then it makes little sense to me to believe he would create the angels in Heaven, the solar system, the planet, the animals and plants and us humans and then just...stop! To me He has proven he likes creating things. Who can say that we were his first creation? I don’t believe we were his last. To believe that he created us and thought we were too perfect to create more seems narrow-minded—to me anyway. I realize not everyone shares my logic or my point of view. (My husband sure as hell doesn’t). I know when I write I can’t stop at just one story. I’m compelled to write over and over again. It doesn’t matter how perfect I might think one story is I’m still compelled to write another, a better story if possible. I can't imagine why God would be different, but then again, maybe that is me putting God into a small narrow-minded mindset.

If one believes in Evolution, then if the conditions were right here on our planet to create us, reasonably I think the conditions could have been right on other planets too. Even if we all started from a single cell organism, it still should have been able to repeat in someway, somewhere in this huge solar system and in all the galaxies that we know about and all the ones we don’t.

Maybe my logic shows how ignorant I am. Regardless, I still believe in aliens and UFO’s. I do think that some of the UFO sightings are probably the US military and they do not want the public to know about the aircraft they are flying.

I’ve seen an object in the sky before during the early morning hours, it was hovering, it was silver and at times the sun would glint off it so bright, it was almost blinding. That morning I parked in the Wal-Mart parking lot, looked at it a moment pondering what it could possibly be before going inside. I spent a good 30 minutes in that store. When I returned, it was still in the sky, still in the same general area, but had moved just a little. I spent another few moments wondering again what it was, then got in my car and drove off. As I drove off, it remained in the sky for another five minutes or so before disappearing all together. I’m not saying this was an alien aircraft because I really don’t know. I never saw it fly off and reasonably assumed our joint positions hindered me from seeing it.

Certainly Area 51 comes to mind when we talk about aliens and UFO’s. My parents took my oldest son to Area 51 about two years ago. The restricted signs sure make me wonder what is going on out there. And we’ve all probably seen our fair share of documentaries on Area 51, not to mention all the photos suspended on the internet of so-called aliens, many of them linking back to Area 51. I don’t know that I believe in the Area 51 conspiracy, but it has made for some fun entertainment through the years.

I still believe aliens exist. I believe it is hugely possible that they are so advanced that they could visit us in their UFO’s. I don’t know what aliens look like. I don’t even have a clue. Maybe they look like us. Maybe they don’t. Whether little green men or like us or in the many forms Stargate has conceived, I really don’t care. I just know it is fun thinking of the possibilities.

I’ve decided through the writing of this blog that aliens inhabit our computers. I typed this twice and both times when I went to save it, my computer locked up. *snarling, evil face* It’s a conspiracy! Aliens are really tiny little creatures inside our computers, in cyberspace, hacking away at all our hard work! =) Just kidding!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. For all the mothers reading this…Happy Mother’s Day! I’d love to hear your comments.

5 deadly screams:

Molly Daniels said...

I just hope they are friendly, and not like the "How To Serve Man" or "V" ones...

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Great blog, Gracen! Very thought provoking. It's interesting to see your reasoning on whether someone believes in God or Evolution, how aliens could be real. Have a great day!

rippst8 said...

loved your blog i believe in aliens their has got to be other beings beside us in this universe when somebody asks me that question close encounters comes to mind i would probably do the same thing richard dryfess did curiosity we all have it and i would love to see how who when why about them so yes i do believe in aliens as long as they don't hurt me lol

Gracen Miller said...

Hey, Molly. Yeah, I don't want a bad scenario version of "V" or "Independence Day". No thanks. I would hope they're friendly too if they ever decide to visit or stay awhile.

Thanks, Sarah. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but what do I care. He did actually say "good point" when I explained why I believe in aliens. But, he still doesn't believe. Everything's black or white to him, anything crossing over into the color realm is "out there" for him. LOL. I think I'll still keep him around. For the most part, he's a keeper.

Hey, Rippst8. I'm glad I have a fellow alien-believer in the crowd. LOL. I agree, too, that there has got to be something else out there in the universe. To think we're all alone is kind of depressing for me. I'd be terribly curious if they visited like in "Close Encounters". I just don't want them to suddenly decide they want to study me on some metal table in a hidden lab inside their UFO! YIKES! Not the type of curiosity I'm thinking of! ;-)

Thanks everyone for your comments. I hope each of you have a great weekend. Don't forget to check back Saturday for our weekly contest. And then Sunday for our weekly paranormal story.

Sierra Wolfe said...

Great blog Gracen! You made some excellent points. You certainly get us to thinking. :)

Sierra