Friday, May 23, 2008

My Supernatural Obsession

Hi, all! It’s Gracen and I’m talking about supernatural television shows we watch. For me, my favorite—or rather my obsession—is SUPERNATURAL, which airs on the CW at 8:00 C.S.T. on Thursday nights. Seriously, it's an obsession. I've loosely based two characters in my new book on their personalities. And—I can't believe I’m admitting this—my oldest son and I will talk to each other in Dean lingo, repeating some of his lines. It’s fun, we entertain ourselves and each other with it, and I hope it’s a great bonding experience with him. It leaves his daddy clueless what we're talking about too, so that's half the fun sometimes. When he’s all grown up, I hope he remembers these fun times we had together over Supernatural.

Those Winchester brothers are witty, tough, and the best damn demon hunters I have ever seen.


Sam, played by Jared Padalecki, is sensitive and more grounded and was studying to become a lawyer before the Yellow Eyed Demon (YED in Supernatural fandom) murdered his girlfriend, Jessica. He’d rather ask questions first, get all the facts, beat it to death, then shoot.


Dean, played by Jensen Ackles, is rough around the edges, a fantastic smart ass, with some awesome facial expressions and he hates "chick flick" moments. I think he’s a big softie at heart, but you wouldn’t know it for his gruff exterior. For the most part, Dean would rather shoot first and then ask questions.

Need I mention that they are both gorgeous, hot, sexy, sinfully sexy at that, and talk about pheromone city, or can you see that for yourself? ;-) Satan definitely put his brush strokes on these Winchester boys with all their hotness.

Their family is highly dysfunctional being built upon hunting since Sam was six months old, but their loyalty to one another is inspiring. As Dean says, they are each other’s weak spots. All in all though, this show ROCKS!

If you’re a fan of this show, here’s a site I love to chitchat at about the boys, about the show, about anything Supernatural related: Supernatural 4 Grownups. You must be 18 years or older to participate. I'm listed as VampySix on that site, so drop by, say HI and jump right in.

On Friday’s I watch Moonlight, a new vampire detective show. My biggest problem with this show is that Mick (the vampire) is in anguish over becoming a vampire. Me, personally, I’m terribly tired of the anguished vampire. It’s been done a gazillion times and I want to see them embrace it now. That doesn’t mean they have to be evil, but enough of the same old plot please!

Other shows I watched while they were on were Charmed and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I used to watch Blade: The Series until Spike TV was idiot enough to cancel the show. I'm still ticked over that one.
And, hey, I can’t forget the shows from my youth: Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Batman, Wonder Woman, Bionic Woman and Addams Family. Those were some of my favorite shows. I still have fond memories of them and at one point I wanted to be Wonder Woman, Samantha or Jeannie, any of those three would have been fantastic. I wanted to be Wonder Woman so bad I would take tin foil, fashion it into bracelets and a headband and run around the house pretending I was her! LOL! The things I did as a child to entertain myself.

Wow, those were some really great shows! I wish we had more wonderful supernatural shows on television right now. Anyhoo, that’s me and my supernatural television.

Hope everyone has a rockin’ weekend! Peace out, as my boys would say! =)

5 deadly screams:

Sierra Wolfe said...

LOL Gracen, you totally crack me up. Does your husband know how much in love you are with the boys? Just curious.

Great post, again. I love how excited you get when talking about the show. Thanks for sharing.

Did I read somewhere that Moonlight wasn't coming back next season? You better check on that.

Gracen Miller said...

Hey, Sierra. Yes, sadly, I just heard that Moonlight was canceled. I liked it, but compared to Supernatural...well, we know where it fell. But I am disappointed that they chose not to renew it. It thought it showed promise.

My husband hates anything supernatural, so, no, he doesn't have a clue about mine and my son's obsession. He won't even talk about the show, just rolls his eyes when my son and I are talking about it. (Like the only thing in the world worth watching is The Deadliest Catch. *please note I am now rolling my eyes*) Too bad too that he won't participate with us because it is by far our favorite show--and NOT because the boys are hot. It helps that they're easy on the eyes, but not necessary to the viewing enjoyment. There have been episodes that I can barely get through because they're so terrible.

My son and I are now trying to figure out how they're going to get Dean out of hell. He and I'll have it figured out by September...Just kidding. =)

Actually, this was a hard topic for me. I wasn't quite sure what to say other than "watch it you don't know what you're missing", so I just gave a bio of the show.

Molly Daniels said...

I didn't get hooked on Charmed until my son started watching the series on TNT last year. I think I'm now on my 5th trip through the series! And I still cry at the end of the finale...

Gracen Miller said...

Hey, Molly! I did something similiar with Charmed. I started watching reruns in season 4 and then it rolled over into the primetime hour. I loved me some Cole Turner and boohooed when she had to vanquish him. The seasons that had Chris & Cole on there were probably some of my favorite seasons. I hated it when they finally made Cole bad and he was vanquished for good. I never was sold on Coop. I guess because we didn't have enough seasons with him.

I loved Chris' smartassness and was excited when he turned out to be good rather than bad, which was what I expected in the beginning. I boohooed when he died too. =(

Strange how we can watch the same shows over and over again and still get wrapped up in them, huh? I think that often when I'm watching an episode of Charmed and I pause the DVR so I don't miss anything while I run to the bathroom or get something to eat or drink. I've seen them probably 5 times, but I still don't want to miss a second. LOL! That's good entertainment!

Thanks for the comments Molly. Did you get your comments I made to your posts on novelsisterhood?

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracen!

I love SPN! I'm so glad that they got renewed for Season 4 because: Dude, it would totally not rock to see the series end with that last episode!

Do you ever watch Ghost Whisperer? That is my other favorite Supernatural TV show. I love Melinda and her ability to see ghosts and help them, and the episodes in the latest season just rocked the house. Even my partner was drawn in and she is so not into supernatural story lines.

We also both liked Moonlight and were sorry that it got canceled too. Very sad.

I should come by Supernatural 4 Grownups again. I haven't been there in a long while.