Monday, November 3, 2008

Sleep. What a beautiful concept.

Oh the joys of staying up all night. I'm so tired that I want to go to sleep right now and catch up on all the missed hours. Unfortunately, that's not a good idea. If I don't stay up tonight, I'll never sleep tomorrow day and work tomorrow night will be a bear. So, I'm sitting here trying to keep my eyes open, and hoping they don't just clamp shut on me. That is a real possibility. 


I think one of the things that makes it more difficult, is that very few people are awake at the same time as I am. It's quiet. Perfect sleeping condition. It's dark outside, which tells my body that it's time to go to bed. Even after years of working nights, I still have trouble with my sleeping schedule. I hate it.

One positive thing about it though, is that when I stay up all night, I usually can get a lot done. I don't have all the distractions to keep me from my work. I can sit at the computer and write away. That's always a nice thing. Who doesn't want hours of uninterrupted computer time? It's definitely a big plus! If I had time to do that NaNo this year, it would make things a lot easier. 

Unfortunately, I have too many edits to do to try writing a new story right now. I would love to do NaNo this year, but I've got two stories that desperately have to be revised/edited and I am so slow at that process. I may have to do a NaNo on my own in December :D

I am doing pretty good on my edits so far, yay. I'm halfway through with the first story already. I may have to go through it one more time though. I'm not sure yet. I'll finish it up before I decide that. Then I'll have to move on to my second story for revision. I'm on a bit of a timeline, so I don't have any time to spare. The first book is with TWRP and they want the edits back in a couple of weeks, so I've really been focusing on that one. It's my first submission, so I want to make sure I do a good job with it. 

My second story is one that a partial was requested. I want to go through it again just in case they request a full. I haven't had time to really work on it yet, but I figured it's not as high a priority as the first, since the edits are already requested on it.

So, that's my writing life right now. No actual writing going on, just a lot of editing. How many of you are doing the NaNo this month? How is it going so far? Let me know what you're up to with your writing. I hope to hear from you.

5 deadly screams:

Molly Daniels said...

Let's see. So far, I've got about 500 words down. And I'm not stressing over it, which is good!

It may be a different story at week #4, though...

Gracen Miller said...

Hi, Sierra! *waves* Good luck on those edits. I haven't forgotten your chaps you sent me to read. Things have been a little crazy lately, but I should be able to read them over the next couple of days!! Good luck!

I was one of the crazy fools that committed my entire November to NaNo. I've gotten a good bit written though, so I feel like I'm off to a great start. Now, if I could just figure out what I'm supposed to write next, I'd be even better! ;-)

Good luck staying awake, Miss Sleep Deprived! :-)

Sierra Wolfe said...

Thanks for the comments. Good job to both of you. You're on your way!

Unfortunately, I did fall asleep. I wasn't able to make it. I think it was about 3 am that I fell asleep at the computer. Oh well, it'll be a long night at work tonight. Hopefully, I don't get too tired.

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Hi Sierra! I'm doing Nano of course. :D I'm feeling pretty happy about my progress so far. I got through a sticky part and now the dam has burst wide open. I am so hoping it stays like this for the rest of the month!

Great post, btw, and I hope your edits are going well! I'm so rooting for you on those manuscripts! Also, I hope that work doesn't tire you out too much. =)

Apple Valley Mirrors said...

Very thoughhtful blog