Thursday, January 29, 2009

Welcome author KT Bishop


Please welcome K.T. Bishop who will be chatting today about his debut: How to Cure a Cajun Cold and other things in an interview he did with himself. =)

Q: Thought Picking Cotton was going to be your debut this fall?

K.T.: It was, and I wrote a short free read for Red Rose Publishing. Then, the Cold took off unexpectedly and we went opted to release that first. I wasn't mad. I am just thrilled to have something out there and a cover that's all my own.

Q: Does your attitude change about e-book trade, any advice to people?

A: Work hard at making the book well enough where a publisher would be interested. From there, prepare to spend a lot of time promoting the script online, at websites that has your genre. You can never do enough promoting. Believe me, I know.

Q: What's next for you?

A: I am doing a novella Interracial Basketball Series called Getting a Boot. It's about an Italian woman and black basketball player meeting in Rome taking off.

Q: Any teams you’re following?

A: Being a sports writer means lots of busy times covering football. What Alabama resident and former student isn't excited about the Crimson Tide being unbeaten. They need to beat Auburn, then Florida and probably Texas for the BCS national title. Roll Tide!

For those who want to purchase the book, go to this address:
http://www.redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=199

Also, make sure to leave a comment in order to be entered to win, How to Cure a Cajun Cold. We'll be picking a winner late tonight.

**The Winner is Sandy! Please email us at thedeadlyvixens@yahoo.com** Thank you!

7 deadly screams:

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats KT!

Who's your pick for the Super Bowl?

Gracen Miller said...

Thanks for guest blogging with us K.T.! It's always great having you with us.

As you know, I'm all for the Crimson Tide steam rolling every team in their path!!!! =)

K.T. Bishop said...

The Steelers will prevail 31-19, as former Alabama defensive back Deshea Townsend earns MVP honors.

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Thanks for blogging with us KT. =) Nice interview.

Sandy said...

Hi KT,

So that's why they switched books on you. Boy, I know all about the promoting. That's the only part I hate about selling a book. Grin.

K.T. Bishop said...

I always enjoy stopping by Deadly Vixens.

Lisa L. Leibow said...

It was fun to read about your path to publication! I love the idea of mixing sports and romance. In my house it's the one thing that stands between us (I'm a Red Sox fan married to a Yankees fan-yikes!).

But it's nice to know in a good book sports can bring lovers together. LOL

Good luck with the book.