Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Welcome author...Nancy Henderson!

I’m so excited to be guest blogging with The Deadly Vixens!

No surprise that I’m psyched about my latest book release, Wicked Redemption , my second paranormal romance, and also a full contemporary. That’s right, no time travel, no historical or futuristic elements, although this one does get a little strange at times, but hey, it’s a paranormal. They’re supposed to get a bit weird. Just straight modern day paranormal.

People always ask me where I get my ideas. They really raise an eyebrow when I talk about paranormal ideas.

The idea for Wicked Redemption came from my usual asking myself “What if?”. What if a woman, Maggie Webb, possesses the ability to communicate with the dead? What if she hates that ability? What if her “gift” ruins everything good in her life? The hatred for her gift literally forms all that she is, molds her in such a way that her ability and her identity cannot be separated.

Enter Cole Turner, demon who comes back to Earth to seek revenge on the one woman who’s been interfering with his mission of stealing souls.

Guess who she is? Yup, poor, unsuspecting Maggie Webb.

How to make Cole fall in love with Maggie, the heroine whom he despises posed the biggest challenge for me. This was something that literally kept me up nights. And if a plot keeps me up, I never give up on the story. I can’t. My characters simply will not allow it.

Purchase Wicked Redemption as an E-book here:

http://www.champagnebooks.com/books/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=236

~ Nancy
http://www.nancyhenderson.com/
http://www.nancyhenderson.blogspot.com/

3 deadly screams:

Asylumgirl said...

This sounds really good. I like that she hates her gift. I would be so happy to be able to do something like that, but the saying is that you always want what you haven't got.

Deidre

Anonymous said...

Oohhh nice cover!
[[And if a plot keeps me up, I never give up on the story. I can’t. My characters simply will not allow it.]]
A sign that the story is going to be good and worth reading. :)

Tierney

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Great post, Nancy. Thank you for blogging with us. =)