Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dreams and Nightmares

Hi everyone! Just as a reminder, I'll be at The Literary Nymphs TOMORROW for a chat from 12pm-6pm EST. And now on to the fun stuff!

Dreams... I'm pretty much known in my household for my wacky dreams. My husband and mother raise their eyebrows at me when I tell them, but I am so serious about what happened because it's beyond belief, but I really do dream crazy things. I guess I'll give you guys a couple of dreams I've had and then y'all can be the judge of what you think.

This first one is one I'd had the night before Sierra and I had our discussion on dreams, which is what brought up the topic in the first place. *grins* Before I had gone to bed I'd played peek-a-boo with one of my cats. He was sitting in the tub, and I was outside of the tub with the shower curtain partially closed. I would open the shower curtain and say "peek-a-boo!" and he would sit there and stare at me. Then I'd close the curtain, wait a few moments, and do it again with the same result. In my dream, I was in my bathroom outside of the tub, and I opened the shower curtain and there was a strange monster in the tub that would leer at me and make hissing noises. I opened and closed the shower curtain a few times and it was still there. I attacked it and then I don't really remember much after that. Weird, huh?

My other dream is one I had a few years ago, but I still remember it. I was running through a graveyard and trying to fight these obese zombies, but I didn't have anymore bullets in my gun in the dream or whatnot. I had a spoon though, which I had to use to behead them. I didn't do too bad at it, but it was odd! I was getting overwhelmed with the task and climbed onto a mausoleum, but they could get to me. I have no idea what had brought that dream on.

I don't consider those dreams nightmares. I try to think of them as inspiration and fodder for my novels. For me, a nightmare is something that invokes sadness or pain that stays with me a little when I wake up. I've had a few of those recently, too, but they weren't noteworthy or paranormal in nature.

So! Leave me a comment about what you think of my strange dreams. I'd love to hear from you!

3 deadly screams:

Sierra Wolfe said...

Great blog today, Sarah. I enjoyed our talk the other day too. Isn't it odd that we both dreamed about zombies in the graveyard, but yours wasn't scary or upsetting to you and mine was. Maybe it's because you were armed, even with spoons, LOL.

Sierra

Gracen Miller said...

Spoons, Sarah? Really? LOL! I love dreams. In reality they make no sense, but in the dream world they make perfect sense. We're much alike. I use my dreams...er...nightmares...as inspiraion too.

Hmmm...maybe I need to conjure up one of those successful/rich book publishing dreams for you like with Sierra. ;=) Seriously, great blog and I enjoyed reading it!

Sarah Mäkelä said...

LOL! Thanks for the comments! I appreciate them.

Being armed with spoons was so weird. Gosh! YES! Do it, Gracen! Conjure up a dream for me!