Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Continuing on with the topic of Things That Go Bump In The Night topic, I'll share my experiences. I haven't really had a ghostly experience, or been visited by any sexy vampires, unfortunately. I would love to be able to experience something spooky and know it involved seeing a ghost or something along those lines.

Anyways! I had a pretty nervewracking experience when I was younger one night in an old house in a very small town called Adams, TN. It basically just had a gas station, a museum for the Bell Witch, which had a small eatery, and a post office. If you've ever heard of the Bell Witch that is where she haunted the Bell family. I'd already known about those tales when we'd gone to stay with a family friend for a visit.

The family friend happened to live across from a church with a graveyard, which added to the spookiness! I would look out the window hoping I would or wouldn't see something strolling along in the graveyard.

One night there happened to be a bad storm and there was just me and my mom at the creaky, really old house. The lights flickered a bit and there were strong winds. The house kind of freaked me regardless of it being dark and stormy that night, but put together with that. Wow! Creepy.

We closed both of the doors coming into the room, and I huddled under the blankets. Needless to say, I was happy when we left there! Okay, so I didn't see anything... just knowing that I was so close to where some stuff really had happened emphasized my fear, and well, the graveyard being right there didn't help the situation! lol

Come by the Yahoo! group and tell your own supernatural experiences! =) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/deadlyvixens/

2 deadly screams:

Sierra Wolfe said...

Great blog today Sarah! I imagine you were scared. I've read about the Bell witch and I would have been freaked out too. Especially being in a strange house that you weren't used to. Thanks for sharing your story!

Sierra

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Awww thanks for commenting! I'm glad you liked the blog and story! =)