Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Story Tuesday

Feel free to comment to let me know what you think of today's Story Tuesday! =)

~Sarah
--------------------------

The Graveyard Wedding
by Sarah Mäkelä

Walking through the graveyard one night, I came across a wedding procession. All I wanted to do was just visit my deceased mother. What was going on?

It disturbed me, but I couldn't look away. The moon shone brightly illuminating the event. Only a dozen people were in attendance. It seemed small and quaint. I ducked behind a headstone making sure to keep quiet so I would remain unnoticed.

An immaculate oak table stood behind the wedding party. No dishes or cups lined it. It looked out of place. Why have a table, but nothing to eat?

The bride lifted her veil to kiss the groom. Her smile revealed those sharp, pointed teeth that gleamed in the moonlight.

I shifted my weight and a twig snapped. One of them looked in my direction. I turned to run, but they surrounded me. The groom invited me to dinner with a wicked smile to reveal more pointed teeth. I had no choice. They insisted I join in the celebration.

Next thing I knew they had placed me on the table; my limbs chained. The bride and groom stood to each side and had their toast of me.

3 deadly screams:

Sierra Wolfe said...

Excellent! I love the ending Sarah. Good story.

Gracen Miller said...

I liked it, Sarah! Good job. I liked how they toasted their marriage on her blood!

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Awww!!! Thanks guys! I'm really happy y'all liked it. =) It was fun writing!