Monday, April 14, 2008

Nightmares or Inspiration?

Sarah and I got talking the other day about our dreams and I was telling her about my nightmares. I rarely dream, but when I do it’s always a nightmare. There have been very few exceptions to this rule. I’ve had a few premonition type dreams as I mentioned in my earlier blog about paranormal experiences.

One dream I had was about the old house I mentioned in that earlier blog, the house that belonged to my great grandparents that we tried to stay in on Halloween night. Anyway, I had a dream one time that I went in the house to explore (which I frequently did, alone no less) and I walked up to an old dresser. The bottom drawer of the dresser was pulled out and when I looked inside, there was a dead body with maggots all over it. I screamed and the dead body got up and started chasing me. I ran out of the house and for some reason, my dad’s truck was waiting outside for me (odd because I’d walked there). So I jump in the truck and try to drive away. All of a sudden a fence is there and I drive around and around in circles trying to find a way out, the dead body is chasing me the whole time.

Another time I was dreaming that I was in a cemetery and zombies were chasing me around the graveyard, through a crypt, and around again. I tried to scream, but I couldn’t make a sound. I woke up in a panic and when I went back to sleep, I resumed my dream. This happened several times that night. And for the next few.

I was talking about my nightmares to my mom one day and she reminded me that even as a kid I had those kind of dreams and it’s true, I did. I wouldn’t sleep when I was little because I always dreamed about the one-eyed, white haired monster. I had that dream frequently as a child. I can remember his face to this day.

So the more I think about it, there are several reasons behind my obsession with the paranormal. Do I use my dreams as inspiration for my writing? No, I don’t think I do. At least, so far I haven’t. I’m not into zombies, but some day I may use them in a story, you never know.

3 deadly screams:

Gracen Miller said...

YIKES! I'd be scared of the one-eyed, white-haired monster in your nightmare! Speaking of dreams, I dreamed last night that you had published about 20 murder-mystery type books, all of which were very popular. Maybe that will be a prophetic dream!!! ;-)

Great beginning post, Sierra. It was fun reading.

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Great blog today, Sierra! I really enjoyed our talk about dreams the other day. :)

Gracen! Where's your prophetic dream of me being being popular... and wealthy, too! :D

Sierra Wolfe said...

Thanks Gracen and Sarah for your comments. I'm glad you liked my blog. Oh, Gracen, I hope your dream is prophetic!